How to join the club?
Print off a Membership form and send it off along with a stamped addressed envelope to Agnes Cadger address on form.
How do I get a competition licence?
On joining the club you will need to apply for an SACU licence. https://www.sacu.co.uk/riders-portal/
This licence has to be renewed yearly
Although you can still ride will us if you are AMCA, IOPD, MCF licence holder (you will have to pay a £3 insurance supplement) and complete a SACU medical declaration form Non SACU/ACU licence holders
Or you can ride with a One event Licence cost £15 (photograph ID required ie Drivers Licence).
How do I know if my bike is eligible?
See class list below
- Pre ‘60 Any machine manufactured before 31st December 1960
- Pre ‘68 up to 350cc Any machine manufactured before 31st December 1968
- Pre ‘68 over 350cc Any machine manufactured before 31st December 1968
- Pre ‘75 up to 300cc Any machine manufactured before 31st December 1975
- Pre ‘75 over 300cc Any machine manufactured before 31st December 1975
- Pre ‘77 Any machine manufactured before 31st December 1977
- Pre ‘84 up to 250cc Any machine manufactured before 31st December 1984 air or water cooled, drum brakes
- Pre ‘84 over 250cc Any machine manufactured before 31st December 1984, air cooled and drum brakes
- Pre ’89 125cc Any machine manufactured before 31st December 1989
Download machine eligibilty booklet Here
- Machines presented for use at the event MUST be in race worthy condition
- All machines must be fitted with an engine cut-out button
- All machines must be fitted with self-closing throttle
- All machines must have clutch and front brake levers must be of the ball end type
- All machines must have folding footrests
It is the sole responsibility of the rider to ensure their machines are safe and suitable for the duration of the meeting
How do I get a race number?
Call Linda Riddell on 01896 849289 and she will allocate you with a number
What colour of Plates and riding numbers should I have on my bike?
- Pre ‘60 Blue plates with White numbers
- Pre ‘68 up to 350cc White plates with Black numbers
- Pre ‘68 over 350cc Black plates with White numbers
- Pre ‘75 up to 300cc Green plates with White numbers
- Pre ‘75 over 300cc Yellow plates with Black numbers
- Pre ‘77 White plates with Black numbers
- Pre ‘84 Green plates with Black numbers
- Pre ’89 125 cc Black plates with White numbers
Clothing and Equipment
- Helmets must have the current ACU approved stamp.
The minimum standard for Motocross.
- All riders must wear helmet, gloves, knee length protective boots, and must wear body armour whilst racing.
- Goggles or visor of a non-splinterable type must be worn at the commencement of each race. Goggles with tear offs are NOT allowed.
- Spectacles, if worn, must be non-splinterable.
- All riders must have a 2kg dry powder fire extinguisher
Can I use a camera ? (eg. Go Pro)
Helmet cameras and cameras attached to the body are Prohibited unless the helmet is manufactured with the camera as an intrinsic part.
How do I enter an event?
Download an Entry form Here
If you don’t have a licence download One Event Licence HERE
Complete all sections of the entry form
Send it along with payment made payable to SCRMC LTD to Scrambles secretary Linda Riddell address on form before the Closing date (Thursday prior to the event)
All riders at some point in the race season will be asked to provide a marshall.
Riders are requested to help dismantle the track at the end of the meeting.
If I enter an event and don’t show up can I get a refund?
You will only get your money refunded or carried forward to the next event, if you contact the secretary prior the event, or on the day of the event (leave a message on the her answer machine) other wise your cheque will be cashed.